The Department of Maths and Applied Maths at UCT has a position open at the level of lecturer or senior lecturer. The advert can be found here:
Applications in all areas of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics will be considered.
Minimum requirements include:
For the level of Lecturer:
- A PhD (at the time of appointment) in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics or related areas.
- A record of research outputs.
- Postdoctoral and some teaching experience would be advantageous”
For the level of Senior Lecturer:
- A PhD in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics
- An established track record of published research outputs.
- Demonstrable teaching experience.
- A record of postgraduate student supervision.
- Teaching and developing undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics.
- Developing and pursuing an active research program, which includes student supervision.
- Course convening, departmental and faculty administrative duties.
The annual remuneration package for 2017, including benefits are:
- Lecturer R592,451
- Senior Lecturer R728,442
To apply, please e-mail the documents listed below in a single pdf file to Ms Vathiswa Mbangi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- – UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- – Cover letter, and
- – Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- – Teaching and Research statement
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.